The Arborist Pairings Spaghetti
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- ½ tsp Olive oil
- ½ lb Italian sausage, skinned, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 6 oz Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Can tomatoes, chopped (16 oz)
- ½ cup Vina Robles The Arborist
- ½ tsp Salt and pepper, pluse 1-2 tbsp salt for pasta water
- 3 oz Black pit-less olives, cut in half
- 1 Bunch basil, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz Grated Parmesan cheese
Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente (firm to the bite); drain.
Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add sausage and fry for 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Reduce heat, dab up fat with paper towel and add a little oil if necessary. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and sweat slowly while stirring for approximately 2 minutes over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and the wine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer over low heat for approximately 10 minutes.
Pour yourself a glass of Vina Robles The Arborist.
Add the cooked sausage, the olives and the basil. Make sure everything is heated through.
Serve sauce over spaghetti immediately in deep bowls. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
Hint: Use your favorite pasta instead of spaghetti.
Hint: Substitute Italian sausage with diced chicken breast.
Hint: Use other fresh herbs instead of basil (parsley, oregano, chives).
2020 The Arborist
A caretaker of trees, The Arborist pays homage to the iconic Paso Robles oaks.
Through our partnership with One Tree Planted and the Arbor Foundation, we plant trees with a portion of the proceeds from every bottle of The Arborist sold.