Petite Sirah Pairings Grilled Ribeye Steak Sandwich
- Ingredients – Sandwich
- 2 14 oz. Ribeye steaks
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 cup steak seasoning
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 4 smoked mozzarella cheese torpedo rolls or hoagie rolls
- 1 cup whole grain mustard-horseradish sauce
- 2 cups tomato relish
- Ingredients – Basil-Chili Oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 poblano or fresno chile, grilled, peeled, stemmed, and seeded
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- salt to taste
- Ingredients – Chipotle Vinegar
- 1 red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper puree
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- salt to taste
- Ingredients – Steak Seasoning
- ½ cup Kosher salt
- ¼ cup garlic, granulated
- ¼ cup pepper, freshly ground
- Ingredients – Tomato Relish
- 9 Roma tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 4 oz chipotle vinegar
- 4 oz basil-chili oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ingredients – Whole Grain Mustard-Horseradish
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- pinch salt
Open a bottle of Vina Robles Petite Sirah, Estate and pour yourself a glass!
Combine all ingredients for the basil-chili oil in a blender and puree. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Combine all ingredients for the chipotle vinegar and blend. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Mix all ingredients for the steak seasoning and store in an airtight container.
For tomato relish, combine all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Whisk together all ingredients for the mustard-horseradish sauce in a small bowl and add a pinch of salt. Set aside.
Rub the steaks with olive oil and steak seasoning. Grill to desired temperature. Let the steaks rest for five minutes before slicing.
Spread the whole grain mustard-horseradish sauce inside each roll. Layer half of the sliced steak on each roll and top with tomato relish. Enjoy together with the rest of the Petite Sirah, Estate.
Limited Estate Collection
We have been crafting Petite Sirah from our Jardine Vineyard since 1999. Petite Sirah was one of our first choices to plant in Paso Robles and we quickly realized its potential. Since then, we have increased our focus on this exciting varietal.